Thursday, March 26, 2009

I Can't Stand It

There are some things that gross me out/make my skin crawl/fill me with a sense of dread when I face them. Among them are:

1) Sea Life. More specifically very large sea mammals. I'm dreading the day when our kids want to make the trek to Sea World San Antonio. I don't feel predisposed to take kindly to Shamu.

2) Opening a can of refrigerated crescents or biscuits. Seeing that label "press back of spoon here" causes me to feel quite panicky.

3) A plastic spoon scraping a styrofoam bowl. The one draw back to ice cream in a cup.

4) The stalactites of cheese left on aluminum foil after you bake a covered lasagna. So hideous looking.

5) Eating reheated meat. I will eat leftovers cold rather than have to taste pre-cooked meat that has been warmed over. Not tasty.

6) On the subject of food-warmth: cooked fruit. The only exception to this is apple pie, but even then I much prefer it the next day, cold, rather than warm out of the oven. Same with banana bread, blueberry muffins, and other baked goods with fruit - I enjoy them more cold than warm. Don't get me started on fruit in savory dishes,which is almost always an abomination, and yes, that includes pineapple on pizza.

7) Going to sleep in a bed that hasn't been made. I don't sleep well if the bed hasn't been made that day. I always make the bed. If something strange happens and I have to rush out of the house without making my bed and don't get home til night and face an unmade bed I will make the bed then, just to turn it down and get right in.

4 comments:

Lara Neves said...

I am with you on the fruit thing. I can't stand meat and fruit together...I mean, who ever thought that was a good idea? Blech.

rachelsaysso said...

Anytime I think of sea creatures I think of you.

I can eat reheated meat if it is small and in a casserole but a reheated slab of meat is just disgusting.

And I'm going to disagree with the fruit in savory foods. I once had a grilled peach with blue cheese and balsamic vinegar and it was life altering.

Liz the Poet said...

I completely agree with opening a can fo refrigerated biscuits. It freaks me out every time...

Hilary said...

Haha... these are great.
I agree on the un-made bed thing. Even when I'm sick I make it just to get back in. :)