Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Perchance To Dream

Dear Sleep,

I know we haven't been the best of friends over the years.  Especially lately there has been some tension.  I don't want to place blame here, but truthfully, I feel like you are never around when I need you. 

I realize that there are many times during the day when you try to spend quality time with me and I cut it short, or rebuff you altogether, but it is always with the invitation to come back later.  I nearly always reserve a solid eight hours every night just to hang out with you. 

I guess turn-about is fair play, huh?  I don't let you visit in the day, so you refuse to visit in the night.

Let's work something out, amicably.  I really don't want to have to call in the mediator.  Her name is Unisom and I hear she usually favors people like me over you.  If things get really serious I can call a guy I know who has a friend named Ambien.  This is not a threat.  I'm just saying...I'd really like to spend more time with you.  During the night. Tonight would be good for me.  See you then?

Sincerely,

Me 

2 comments:

Laura said...

This rings so true for me too, but put in such a Wendy way. And Unisom and Ambien...ahhh, such good friends to me at times. Only they're like stalkers and won't let go after I'm done with them.

I think I might need to read this letter to my own sleep tonight because it has not been my friend for a little while either.

Good luck tonight!

themayerfamily said...

Sigh. Sleep--I don't think it likes me of late either. Love it Wendy!