Friday, November 12, 2010

Oh Boy.

So many of you have probably heard that we are hoping for a baby boy in a few months.  The due date is April 1st.  I have a hard time just saying "We're having a baby in 4 months", because I know that's not a guarantee.  I find myself saying "We hope to" or "We are expecting to".  Just a small things that has changed for me. 

Anyway, we just found out this week that the baby is a a boy.  I think that's good.  We have wanted another boy.  And I think a boy baby will be a bit easier to bear...a bit less of people assuming he is a "replacement" for our baby girl. 

Last fall, we were confident that we wouldn't be needing CT's old outgrown clothes that I had been saving his whole life.  So we sold A LOT of them at our neighborhood's annual fall garage sale.  The remainder were given away.   I thought that I had saved his newborn things from the great sale and give-away, but Tyler told me yesterday that I didn't.  I don't remember that, but I sure can't find those two bins of clothes, so he must be right.  So, at this moment I am feeling a bit stressed out.  I have not one thing for a baby boy.  No jammies, no socks, no onsies, no pants and shirts and shorts and jackets.  And it's such a bummer because I had SO MUCH of all of that.  I kept it for 5 years!  And now I don't have it when I need it.  So ironic.  Tyler is even sad.  He told me it would have been fun to see a new baby wearing the same things we have memories of C.T. in.  I guess some people would say this is a lucky baby...no hand-me-downs from his big brother!  But in a weird way it is just one more thing that reminds me of how terribly our life changed last November and how that has affected every part of our lives in ways that maybe aren't so obvious. 

1 comment:

Lara Neves said...

I think about you often, Wendy. I haven't commented much but I am happy to hear about your pregnancy. Will keep you in my prayers, too.

I wish I had boy clothes, I'd totally send them to you.