Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Be Mine

My Baby,

I don't know anything about you really. 

I don't love you for your personality, or your looks, or your attitude.  I don't know any of those things about you.  I love you because you were mine.

Someday I hope to know all of those other things about you.  To know if you are incredibly observant like C.T., packed with spunk like Lily, or caring and affectionate like Amelia.  To see again that sweet little body - the face with the nose that reminds me of your sister Lily and the toes that looked like mine. 

But for now, you were mine and I was yours and that is enough to make me love you for the rest of my life (and longer).

-Your Mom

2 comments:

Amanda said...

So sweet!!!

themayerfamily said...

I love it. I'm so glad you shared it. Love you Wendy!