Monday, June 15, 2009

Restating the Obvious Part One

I've always had this fascination with Pioneer Life, based primarily on my many readings of all things Laura Ingalls Wilder. As interested as I am in the time period and the way of life, I have long known that I was not cut out to be an actual pioneer. All for lack of one simple necessity: indoor plumbing.

The other day however, I had this minor epiphany as to another reason why I absolutely could not have abided the demands of that life. I know it should have occurred to me sooner, but frankly, it just didn't. Here it is: the women never shaved. Anywhere. I could not handle it. Leg hair I could probably deal with but...under the arms? I do not think so. Very much not for me in so many ways.

1 comment:

Laura said...

How funny that armpit hair is on the top of your list! But do you think that if you didn't know any different, you wouldn't think it was disgusting? Hmmmm....